Packing you own boxes
Are you moving soon, and are you conisdering packing you boxes yourself ? Read below some helpful tips.
Small fragile items
Make a cushion at the bottom of the box of some wrapping paper or linen. Roll the wrapping paper slightly wrinkled around the glasses to create a cushioned layer. PLace the glasses inside the box straight up, and fill the box with light items such as plastic containers. Fill the final empty space with some wrapping paper or some linnenso the contents can not move around. If you hve crystal glasses or extra fragile glasses, you could consider the special glass box with compartments.
Make a cushion in the box of some folded crushed wrapping paper. Wrap each plate in a sheet of paper. PLace each plate on its side in the box. Mix the contents with some lighter items so the box is not too heave, and fill to the rim with lighter items, topped of with folded paper sheets or linen, so the contents cannot move around in the box.
- When in doubt better use more paper than too little.
- Put heavy items on the bottom,lighter items on top.
- Start with larger items, fill with smaller items.
- Keep items at least 2 cm / 1 inch below the top edge of the carton and fill to the rim with some paper.
- Write on the side of the box that it contains fragile items.
- Keep the boxes with fragile items together.
- Place the sticker with contents and location on the side of the box.